Latinx Wasn’t our Idea

White Americans are once again, saving our poor unbeknownst latinx (LATINO) souls

Apparently we’ve been doing it all wrong. Forget Latin and all the romance languages that came from it. The Spanish language is not inclusive with its constant gendering of things. The blue haired people have come up with a solution for us- X. Now, I don’t mean Elon Musks Twitter, and neither do they (at least I don’t think). No, the life-altering solution that they have so kindly invented for our  feeble minds, is adding the letter “x” to the end of words rather that the traditional ending which genders nouns. 

The first words they’ve gone ahead and changed for us, are “Latino” and “Latina”, now “Latinx”- which has been circulating for several years now, for the English Speakers who probably struggled with their high school Spanish homework. Learning Spanish is hard, they don’t understand all the accents and genders. If you’ve never heard this term used when speaking Spanish, it’s probably because we weren’t kept in the loop really, they solved all our problems and forgot to tell us. 

I’ve heard this term- hard not to at a Liberal Arts University- but never by a true Spanish speaker. Sometimes it’s the no sabos who sound like Karens speaking Spanish at a Mexican restaurant when they try to say “Gracias” and end up calling the poor waiter/waitress a “greasy ass” (who knows though , maybe they do it on purpose).

If you have concerns about this new way of speaking, all I can say in reassurance is- don’t worry about it, this solution doesn’t come with smallpox, they’ve promised “no blankets this time” and they don’t want more of our land right now, they’ve realized we come with it sometimes, and are working on solving that before stealing any new land.