A haunted and naked good time

The haunted house inspired by the Discovery Channel show Naked and Afraid, has been cancelled due to struggle with the government of the town Sinking Springs, PA. The haunted house would be open to guests only at special hours during Shocktober Fest, Patrick Konopelski,owner, told the Huffington Post.

The idea for the haunted house was designed to capitalize on the fear of having nothing to hide behind during the walk through. You were ultimately supposed to be left with nothing but your own body. As a personal lover of haunted houses, I think this is a terrific idea. I could see adrenaline and thrill seekers lining up down the block in their birthday suits to take part in such an experience that is designed to capitalize on vulnerability. One of the most common things to see in a haunted house is the one person with their head buried in some article of clothing; whether it be theirs or a friends, there is always that one friend in the group. How terrifying it would be to be scared in such a state. Your whole body left unshielded, in the open, as a clown comes directly at you, fake knife in hand. For some people, the idea alone is too horrifying for them to even imagine.

I’m totally okay with the idea. To be honest, it only becomes scary to me if the people doing the scaring were naked. Think about it, a masked man wielding a chainsaw, chasing you down all the while proudly sporting his birthday suit. There’s just something extra terrifying about a nude psychopath chasing after you. Not to mention all the awkward brushes up against the various scarers. It’s weird enough when there fully clothed! But could imagine? “Oh, hello there naked, scary stranger, I didn’t see you there. I’m sorry if I’ve just made inappropriate contact. Have a good night!” No, that’s totally not okay. I personally would rather be the one running about in my
birthday suit.

Unfortunately, we won’t get the experience, because while Konopelski and his lawyers have every right to proceed with the plans for the haunted house, the town’s government plans to fight them on the issue, and by the time a judgment is passed down, it will have already been too late. It’s a shame. I think Konopelski and the rest of his team were really on to something with this latest idea for their annual Shoktober Fest.