Where, oh where has the Wi-fi gone?

Hide-and-go-seek was my favorite game to play when I was younger. It forced kids to be creative, imaginative, and although those childhood days are well behind me, it still feels like I’m playing. However, instead of being the hider, I am the finder, and instead of looking for a person, I am looking for Millikin’s Wi-Fi.
It’s no mystery that Millikin’s MU-RESNET sucks; it’s a known fact. Just the other day I was sitting at a table in the Bistro, trying to be a good student and get my Shakespeare homework finished when MU-RESNET decided it wasn’t going to work. I kicked and I screamed. I leaned left, right, upside down, and even did a little dance, and still no Internet.
“Why why WHY?” I screamed. Why does our Internet decide to suck so much when a majority of our assignments are online-based? How are we to remain encouraged to do our homework at decent hours when the Wi-Fi dies at the drop of a hat?
Answer: We’re not because the Wi-Fi has only gotten worse in the past few years instead of getting better. And worse, the dead zones have multiplied like a zombie apocalypse and no one is safe.
It amazes me how many dead zones our campus has, but what amazes me even more is that a majority of the dead zones are in the residence halls where people live and typically do their homework and day-to-day activities. I suppose if you want to look on the bright side, this forces students to be creative, bending over at 90 degrees while sticking their left foot out and singing “The Star Spangled Banner” for a tiny connection, just like we did in the days of hide-and-go-seek, or forces them to leave their rooms in search of internet, meeting others on their dangerous journey toward finding Moodle and Facebook. However, if you’re like me, the dead zones are more of a nuisance than a blessing.
There is hope, though. The Wi-Fi is great right next to Einstein’s & Co.; so at least when the internet is down or being slow, you can stop and get a bagel and some coffee.