It returns

Northampton, a little town in England, has been caught by surprise as a mysterious clown patrols the streets. This clown bears a remarkably identical appearance to Pennywise the Dancing Clown from Stephen King’s It

Nothing is really known about this clown, for its identity is a secret. The clown itself doesn’t speak. It doesn’t juggle, it has balloons but doesn’t hand them out and it also carries a clown teddy bear from time to time. Basically, it just stands on street corners, staring.

Even though all it does is stare, this clown is terrorizing the town. It doesn’t matter that it’s harmless and unarmed, the clown still frightens the people who pass by.

The clown has created a Facebook page titled Spot Northampton’s Clown, which appeared on Friday, Sept. 13. The page currently has over 150,000 likes and the number continues to grow. The page contains posts from the clown itself with pictures as well.

Several newspapers in both the UK and the United States have published articles about this terrifying clown. The articles, once published, turned the clown viral.

Users on Twitter, using the #northamptonclown, continue to debate whether this clown is crazy or an incredible prankster. The clown continues to tell reporters that it means no harm. It’s not dangerous; just out to bring excitement to Northampton.

Naturally, citizens of Northampton both appreciate and are terrified of the clown. The Northampton paper reports that the clown has knocked on at least one family’s home and offered to paint their window sills even though it had no paint.

The motives of the clown are still unknown, but the clown has said in several Facebook statuses that, “I will be seeing you all very soon.” The clown has also promised that a “big surprise” is still yet to come.

Due to the amount of attention it has received and the growing difficulty to keep its identity a secret, the clown has gone into hiding. It says that it “will be lying low for a bit, but will return soon. A surprise is coming.”No one knows yet what this means, but it has people captivated.

I find this clown to be amusing and creative. I would have never thought that someone would dress up as a Pennywise look-alike in attempt to bring entertainment to a town. I am intrigued by what the clown means when it said, “I’ll be back soon for a surprise.”

It is not yet known whether this Pennywise look-alike feeds on the souls of children.