ResNet Sucks

As you walk through any of the numerous residence halls here on campus, you will be able to hear the groans and screams of frustration echo throughout the rooms of the many Millikin students complaining about ResNet.

ResNet is the very temperamental wireless internet running through campus. One day you may get an excellent connection with absolutely zero problems all day and think to yourself, “Wow, things must be looking up!” Then the next day you will have the slim time frame of an hour 15 minutes and 37 seconds to get all of the online work for the past week done on your laptop before ResNet craps out on you.

Heading from the dorms to RTUC is an adventure in and of itself, because as you walk in, scrolling through your newsfeed or your timeline on the various social networking sites, all of a sudden you won’t be able to scroll anymore and if you go to refresh, it pops up as an error. In the magical world of ResNet, RTUC is a no man’s land for Wi-Fi.

Searching through the crowd for that perfect spot of reception is almost like an urban legend on the campus of Millikin. Students have many stories to tell of small windows around campus that you must stand in to get the pinnacle of perfect performance for ResNet. ResNet also likes to play the card called limited connectivity, where it says it’s connected but in 20 minutes it decides that it doesn’t want to connect anymore.

The chorus of threats and the sound of prayers are heard when college students are trying to relax in their dorms by playing game consoles or watching Netflix or YouTube, and ResNet decides to make your life miserable.

Though you may curse, scream, cry, pray or yell ResNet will always be here at Millikin. Though you may hate ResNet, it holds a special place in your heart because that’s the only thing connecting you to the World Wide Web.