Women’s Soccer at Best Win Percentage Since 2010

Women’s soccer is currently sitting at their best win percentage, overall and in conference, since 2010. Their overall record is 6-5-3, with a win percentage of 0.536. Last year, the team only won five games, and did not qualify for the postseason conference tournament. This year, their conference schedule yielded a 2-2-3 record for a 0.500 win percentage, and secured them a spot into the postseason tournament. They lead the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin (CCIW) in points overall per game. This includes goals and assists. 

Millikin’s success could largely be credited to outshining their opponents in nearly every offensive category. As a team, they have more overall goals and goals per game than their opponents, winning that battle 27-21. They also take significantly more shots, and in turn more shots on goal, than their opponents. The Big Blue have 188 shots on the season, compared to 144 from their opponents. They also have 92 shots on goal, where their opponents only have 62.

The Big Blue is led offensively by senior forward Bailee Blecker, returning 2022 CCIW player of the year. She is in the top ten in the conference for goals, shots, shots on goal, game winning goals, and overall points. Defensively, the team is led by Sophie Dorgan, a senior goalkeeper who has started every game, and played all 90 minutes of 11 out of 13 games. Dorgan was also named the CCIW student athlete of the week on October 3 of the 2023 season, for allowing no goals against two conference opponents, North Park and Illinois Wesleyan. 

Millikin currently sits at fifth in the conference going into postseason play.