The Wrap

Following last week’s Wrap, Millikin’s realm of sports has made some pretty significant improvements. The women’s basketball team broke their six game losing streak with a win over Augustana College at home. The final score was 76-66, and the efforts were led by freshman Yip Ypya. The team proceeded to Chicago to face North Park University with a score of 70-68. The win over North Park put them on a two-win streak. The women’s victories now puts their record at 8-10.

The men’s basketball team did not fare as well as the women’s though. The men traveled to Rock Island, Ill. where they faced Augustana College. The men were unable to pull through with a victory and fell to the Vikings with a score of 57-72. After the crushing defeat, the men also traveled to Chicago where they fought against North Park University. The men rallied during the second half in an effort to make a comeback for the victory. With only 2:22 left in the second half, Millikin took the lead from North Park only to miss two shots and a free throw while North Park hit four free throws in the final minute to stop the Big Blue and hand them another loss. The men are on a five game losing streak making their record 7-11.

The men’s swim team traveled to Elsah, Ill. for the Principia Invitational where they placed second overall. The women’s swim team also traveled to Elsah where they placed third overall. The next place the two teams will compete will be in the CCIW Championships.