Health tips most people look over

When people start talking about health, many go right to healthy eating and exercising, as those are the two most advertised health tips in the world today. However, many people forget that there are simple tricks that can greatly benefit your health. Just to act as a reminder, here are some of the most easily forgotten health tips:

Get enough sleep- Being a college student, it’s easy to look over this health benefit. When there are papers to write, exams to study for and a social life to have, it’s easy to sacrifice catching those z’s. However, sleep has many benefits that improve your health. According to health.com, sleep can improve your memory, spur creativity, reduce your risk of heart disease and obesity, sharpen attention and lower stress.

Use sunscreen- Most people only wear sunscreen when they are planning on being in the sun for a long period of time during the summer. However, putting sunscreen on every day can help reduce the risks of skin cancer and skin damage according to prevention.com. By putting on a moisturizer with sunscreen on your face, hands, neck and any other exposed area, can not only protect you from the sun’s harmful rays, but can prevent facial brown spots and skin discolorations and slows down the development of wrinkled, premature aging skin.

Drink plenty of water- It may seem like a lot, but it is recommended that people drink 64 ounces of water daily. Livestrong.com said that staying hydrated can help your skin elasticity, muscle efficiency, joint lubrication, balancing your moods, memory function, and helps you digest your food. Many people only drink when they are thirsty, but you would be surprised by the difference drinking the recommended amount of water daily can make to your health.

Wash your hands- It may seem gross, but this is a health tip that many people overlook. It’s easy to just get your hands wet, add a squirt of soap then rinse; taking no more than 10 seconds. According to a study done at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, if a person lathers for at least 15 to 20 seconds with warm water and soap, it is enough to knock off more than 90 percent of infection-causing microbes.

Although it is important to eat right and exercise, these tips are just as important to a person’s health as the obvious ones. It may take some adjustments to your normal way of life, but if these changes are made, your health will not only be improved, but you will feel better as well.