Embrace the Big Blue

This year, it’s time to embrace the Big Blue; bring out your inner super fan and support your favorite teams. New events and old events, such as the Blue Zoo, are in the works for students and community members in efforts to increase community and school support for athletics.

Now what does it mean to be a true super fan and how do you embrace the Big Blue? There are many different answers to this question, but to be proud of your team, support them every chance you get, and to promote school spirit are the top three in most athletic stances. Embracing the Big Blue can be a revolution of school spirit and can become the greatest atmosphere here on campus with your action, or to say, a tidal wave of Blue.

According to junior soccer player Ashley Flores, “being a part of everything Millikin stands for” is the definition of how to embrace the Big Blue. Even if you don’t necessarily like something, participating and just showing support for your peers and community members is good enough for embracing the Big Blue. As Ashley expresses, it takes deep loyalty and the right mindset to fully support things, but just being a part of what Millikin stands for is something to be proud of here in Decatur. Embracing the Big Blue should become a normality in your life while at Millikin University and beyond; not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it is something to stand for as you show pride in your school and its events. So rally your friends and family and be ready for this sporting year, because the sporting teams here at Millikin University are ready to win for you. GO BIG BLUE!