Athlete Spotlight: Amber Morgan

Amber Morgan, from Taylorville, IL, is dedicated to Millikin Athletics. She is a Sophomore Elementary Education Major and plays two sports: Softball and Tennis. She picked up Tennis last spring, so she was only able to play one match before this year.

According to Coach Forman, she is already showing improvements in her Tennis abilities. When she joined, Morgan felt like a softball player holding a tennis racket, but coming into this year, she and Forman feel that she truly looks like a tennis player.

When it came to this sudden transition into Tennis, Forman stated Morgan was “so confident that once she got the hang of it, it would help excel her game.”

Morgan’s goals for this season are to continue getting better and winning more conference matches. She also hopes to build a strong bond with the other women on Millikin Tennis.

She is looking forward to testing her abilities at Illinois Wesleyan and seeing how she has improved from last year at Augustana. A fun fact about Morgan: She is very superstitious with her routines and uniform in sports!