At the Movies with Kyline Humm: 42

The one, the only, Jackie Robinson. The movie 42 is about the life story of the famous baseball player, Jackie Robinson, and his signing with the Brooklyn Dodgers. Jackie’s story wouldn’t have been possible without the help and leadership of team executive, Branch Rickey, and his faith in Jackie and with his amazing will to break old ways and set new standards.

This movie is one that will leave you feeling like you can do anything. Most people know the general story of Jackie Robinson and what he went through, but seeing it in cinema format brought it to a whole new level. It is such an inspirational story that makes the two hours just fly by.

Without giving too much of the film away, there are some key points to make in explaining how well made this movie is in portraying Jackie Robinson’s struggle and hard work which created the well-known name that he will have for all of history. The three most important aspects to Jackie within this movie are family, baseball, and the will to succeed. His family is what keeps him grounded throughout the trials he encounters throughout his career.

Director and writer Brian Helgeland really hit home with this film of inspiration and courage. Words cannot describe the emotional ride that you will take throughout the film and the pain you share with Jackie through his struggle. This movie stars Chadwick Boseman as Jackie Robinson and Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey.

See how the life of Jackie Robinson unfolded as he played in a white man’s world. Not only rhat, but watchers can see the strides taken by the honorable men to change the set lifestyle. I give 42 a 4 out of 5 star rating due to the never dull storyline, courage, inspiration, and motivation that Brian Helgeland brings forth through the portrayal of Jackie Robinson’s life.