Athlete Spotlight: Dustin Roth

This athlete spotlight is focused on Dustin Roth, a junior track and field athlete from Hillsboro, Mo. He is a hard worker who is focused on both his schooling, extracurriculars and athletics. With a strong indoor season in the past, he is a key athlete to keep an eye on for this outdoor track and field season.

What is your major and year in school?

Junior status health fitness & recreation with minor in nutrition

What sport do you take part in and events?

Track and Field and the The Decathlon (consists of 10 events over the course of two days)

What is your favorite memory so far this season?

My favorite memory so far this season is winning the Pole Vault competition at Ashford University.

Any hobbies outside of athletics?

I love music – singing, playing guitar and piano. I love to cook and then, of course, to eat. I like to study nutrition. I love being around my SAE brothers and teammates.

What would you like to do once you graduate?

Upon graduation, I’d like to use my degree to become a collegiate Track and Field coach. In my spare time I’d like to become a personal trainer and do some work with nutrition as well.

What are your goals for the season?

My main goals for this season are to score at least 6200 points in the decathlon at our home conference meet, Pole Vault 16′ and take it all to Nationals. I would also like for my team to continue to do well this season ending with a conference title and a team trip to nationals.

Who has been your biggest influence?

There is never one in particular who influences me; spending time everyday with my teammates, they are my main source of support and help to keep me on my feet throughout the long indoor and outdoor seasons.