World News

Member of T.S.A. shot and killed

A member of the T.S.A team was shot and killed at the Los Angeles International Airport. Officals at the airport said that seven people were injured in the shooting Time.com reported. The perputartor was wounded in a shoot out, and he has been taken into custody. The man had charged into a terminal in the airport, drew out an asault rifle, and he bagan shooting at the people in the terminal, and screaming in English. The LA Times reports that the shoot out resulted in nearly 133 flights were cancelled, and the 293 flights got delayed. The shooting also included an evacuation of a section of the airport.

Two members of the Golden Dawn party murdered.

Members of the Golden Dawn party, which were arrested on the suspicion they may have been forming an illegal criminal organization were shot at in a drive by shooting that occured on Nov. 1, the arrests were made just after the murder of anti-fascist musician according to bbc.com. The two men who were shot in the drive by have been yet to be named but their ages were released they were 22 and 27. The shooters pulled up to the building, one dismounted the motorcycle, and shot at the three man, killing two and seriously injuring the third. They government in Greece wants their citizens to know that the criminals will be sought out and punished to the full extent of the law. In a statement to reporters, Simos Kedikoglou said, “The murders- who ever they are- will be dealt with unsparingly by our democracy. Let everyone know this.”

390 bodies discovered in Bosnia

390 bodies have been recovered from a mass grave in Bosnia. The mass grave that has been excavated is a product of the war which occured there in the 1990’s, bbc.com reported. The grave was excavated in small town called Tomasica. Bbc.com also reports that the excavaters may be finding almost 1,000 Bosniak Muslim and Croat men, women, and children. Afraid to speak up about the crimes, Bosian Serbs have kept quiet about the things they know about the war crimes in 1990’s. So far however, some 16 people have charged with war related crimes.

Russia moves Greenpeace members

Nytimes.com reports Russia is planning to move 30 members of Greenpeace International ship to a jail in St. Petersburg. The members were being held in a detention center in Murmansk. The members were arrested on charges for hooliganism during a protest on open seas back in Sept. Spokespeople on the subject didn’t include information on exactly why they were planning to move the detainees to this new jail.