Looking for the perfect gift? Try a tablet

As the holiday season approaches, one of the most popular gifts people buy for each other is tablets. This season, tablet seekers have great options to choose from, but an expensive tablet might not be the best thing to get this year considering the current market. If you are willing and able to pay the big bucks then you definitely have a chance to come out on top this holiday season with some of the best technology available. Starting from very low to very high, here are three good options to choose from if you plan on buying a tablet for the holidays.

At the lowest price but still good quality you can purchase is an Android Tablet called the Visual Land Connect 7 for only $59.99. This tablet runs 4.1 Jelly Bean, which is Android’s latest operating system. This tablet also boasts a 7-inch screen and has built-in Wi-Fi, making checking social media a breeze. The bottom line for the Visual Land Connect 7 is a cheap tablet that incorporates everything a more expensive tablet would have but at a lower quality.

For a more mid-range priced tablet there are a greater number of quality options that are available. One great option is the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. This tablet comes in at around $379.99 depending on where you look, but with this tablet you definitely get what you pay for. Some of the specifications include an 8.9-inch screen and a Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito” operating system, which means really fast web browsing and overall quick processing speed. Also, the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 only weighs 13.2 oz., which is pretty light for a bigger tablet. The bottom line for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 is a $380 tablet that is really fast and really light and includes all the other capabilities that most tablets have, such as cameras and light sensors. All in all, this Kindle Fire is a great buy.

If you plan to go big this holiday season with the “best of the best” technology available, your search has ended, because the Apple IPad Air is just what you are looking for. At $499.99, the Air is on the higher end of the tablet market and it deserves to be. It has a 9.7-inch high resolution retina display that reaches the edges of the device so it looks like you are only holding a screen. When Apple gives something the name “Air” that means it’s extremely light and that’s exactly what we have here with the IPad Air because it only weighs one pound, that’s it—that’s the same amount as a jar of delicious spaghetti sauce. This IPad also runs an IOS operating system like all IPads, and has 16 Gigabits of internal storage. The bottom line for the Apple IPad Air is that if you’re willing to shell out $500 for a tablet this season, then you will definitely get your money’s worth with this purchase.