Top Ten Tips on How to Attract that Special Someone

Fall weather is officially here, which means we get to finally pull out those long, wool sweaters, steamy mugs of pumpkin spice lattes, leggings and boots and that collection of scarves that we have all been itching to pull out since we put them away last fall. The cool weather also brings along the questions: Who will I cuddle up with on those cool, fall nights? Who will quote Hocus Pocus with me until winter comes a knockin’? And who the heck will buy me a pumpkin from Curtis Orchard?

Trust me, it can be hard trying to find someone who can fulfill all of these demands, but have no fear! I have searched far and wide, asking people on campus if they have any tips on how to catch the eye of that special someone. So without further ado, here is the
top ten pieces of advice your peers have to offer:

1. Have a great personality. Show how awesome you are by displaying a more positive outlook on life.

2. Show off that beautiful smile. You brush your teeth for a reason, and nobody wants to be around an Oscar the Grouch. So show off those pearly whites with pride.

3. Be proud of your inner nerd. Never be ashamed of nerding out to something. It shows you are passionate, and there is nothing more appealing than someone who is as passionate about something as you are.

4. Don’t try too hard to get noticed. It’s pretty obvious when someone is trying too hard to catch someone’s attention because it’s usually unnatural. Natural is always the way to go.

5. Have a good sense of humor. Laughter is contagious and brightens anyone’s mood. It shows you are comfortable in your skin. There is nothing better than being able to laugh at yourself.

6. Dress in nice, comfortable clothing. Remember the boots and scarves we were talking about? Now would be a great time to break them out.

7. Wear deodorant. Seriously, just do it.

8. Carry around a good book at all times. Nothing is more attractive than someone who is reading a really good book. A good book shows that you are intelligent and that you have great taste. So break out your library card, because you’re going to need it.

9. Be confident in everything you do. It’s hard on those rough days, but being confident in yourself and your abilities will be noticed by those around you. Confidence enhances the good and softens the bad.

10. Be yourself, no matter what. As Dr. Seuss once said, “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.”