Do it yourself tank top

In this sweltering 95-degree weather, no one wants to be caught up in a constricting t-shirt and slowly but surely running out of outfits. But what’s worse, is running out of tank tops. With temperatures on the rise, and not lowering any time soon, students are filing through their summer wardrobe much faster then they anticipated. Thankfully, there’s a solution to this problem and all you need is a pair of scissors. In no more than 5 minutes, you can turn an old t-shirt into a brand new tank top in just a few simple steps.

First, fold the t-shirt vertically, or better known as hotdog style, lining up the sleeves with each other. To cut off the sleeves, make two small cuts on the top of the shirt and under the armpit. Follow the seams of the sleeves as closely as possible. Once you’ve cut off the sleeves, the collar is the next step. It isn’t always necessary to cut off the collar and if you don’t that’s perfectly fine. To cut off the collar follow the same instructions as cutting off the sleeves. Stay as close to the seam of the collar as possible. As soon as that’s finished, you’re done.

You can leave your tank top how it is, add embellishments or do some more cuts to fit your style. There are many different ways to make your old t-shirt into something completely different. I’ve seen people cut off parts of the bottom of their shirt to make it shorter and also use the extra fabric to make interesting designs on the back. Another way to do something different with it is to cut the bottom of your tank top into vertical strips, without cutting them off, and thread beads onto the bottoms of the strips. These tank tops are great for costume parties or just a hot day at the beach. For more information on making DIY tank tops and other DIY clothing pieces, you can visit www.pinterest.com or Google DIY t-shirt to tank top.