Weird News Roundup

Weird News Roundup
www.everyjoe.com

Here’s a look at a few stories from headline around the country that prove that truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

We’ll drink to that!
According to the Huffington Post, John Saunders of Irwin, Pa., is in quite a bit of hot water after allegedly drinking some very old and very valuable whiskey at a mansion where he was formerly a live-in caretaker.

The mansion’s owner, Patricia Hill, discovered nine cases of Old Farm Pure Rye Whiskey in 2012 when she first bought the house once owned by industrialist J.P Brennan. The whiskey, according to The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, was bottled in 1912 and recently 52 bottles, valued at $102,400, were found empty by Hill.

Police are now saying that Saunders, 62, drank the four cases prior to moving out; he is charged with receiving stolen property and theft. Saunders denied the allegations; however, his DNA has been found on at least three of the bottles.

No.
The internet’s favorite disgruntled feline is ready for her close up and is graduating from being a popular meme to commercials and live appearances. Tardar Sauce, better known as Grumpy Cat, stars in a series of YouTube ads that debuted in March. According to ABC News, Grumpy Cat also made, to the delight of crowds of fans, an appearance at the SXSW (that’s “South by Southwest”, the annual film, music and interactive festival in Texas).

Tardar Sauce, owned by Tabatha and Bryan Bundeson, was born in April 2012 and according to her owners, her always angry countenance is due to feline dwarfism. Aside from her comical looks and internet fame, she is a normal and happy cat.

Lottery not looking like such a bad idea
Countless college basketball fans are reeling from ruined NCAA Tournament brackets after the early defeat of the high-seeded Georgetown team. But according to NBC News, no one should feel too bad about failing to pick a perfect bracket.

They’d be more likely to win the Powerball.

According to DePaul mathematician Jeff Bergen, the odds of accomplishing the grand feat of a perfect bracket are one in 9.2 quintillion, if you’re merely guessing. To put the number 9.2 quintillion into perspective, that is no fewer than 18 zeroes. People with a slight understanding of basketball and rankings may fare better with 1 in 128 billion odds.

The odds of a single individual winning the Powerball jackpot are a much more realistic 175 million to 1. Happy gambling!