The Kingmakers’s Daughter by Phillippa Gregory

The Kingmakers’s Daughter by Phillippa Gregory presents the story of England’s fight for the throne. Known in history as the Cousin’s War, English lords fought for the right to rule as King in England. Though the story focuses on the throne of England ruled by a man, it is told through the eyes of a young girl named Anne Warwick.

Her father is known as the Kingmaker, second to no one except the King himself. As the story progresses, Philippa Gregory is able to engage her readers in a exciting story that teaches readers about England’s rich royal history. The story traces  the events that surround Anne Warwick’s life and how she is torn by her father’s plot to rule Engand through her or her husband, the King’s brother. The story engulfs the readers into the lives of the characters. As the characters fear for the lives of those they love, so do the readers. Gregory has many books that give her readers an education of  English Royal History, and  Staley Library has several in the book stacks at Millikin University. Overall this book recieves a five out of five stars for its ability to be educational, yet exciting and engaging.