Admirable Fellow Artist Julien Aveque

Julien Aveque is a business student here at Millikin, spending a year here from his school ESG Management School located in Paris, France. He, and some of his fellow friends also studying here for a year at Millikin, worked together to help Julien create his film titled “Je Suis un Emmerdeur,” or in English “The Troublemaker,” which is to be entered into The Nikon Film Festival.

This festival asked all of those who entered to create a film centered on a memory; the film competition being titled “I am a Memory.” Contestants have 140 seconds or less to capture a memory into their film. It can be anything from a smell, a sound, a distant dream, whatever the contestants can cook up.

It was up to Julien and others who entered to explore what memory they wanted to create. The film focuses on the two main characters, Ondine and Victor, as they converse with each other over the computer and sometimes in a group with friend, giving the viewers a glimpse into their lives and how they interact together.

After months of the public viewing and voting on films similar to Julien’s, Julien’s film received the Audience Award. “The Troublemaker” was filmed at Millikin University in a Woods apartment. Julien wrote the script and then acted within the film, while his friends assisted him in shooting, lighting, acting, and other things within the short film.

This film was an exciting and yet witty piece of artwork. From writing, acting, lighting, and editing, this film gives students here a Millikin another piece of art to be proud of and to tell others about. Every student should watch the film because it’s energetic, funny, charming and original. The film is spoken in French, but the actions, gestures, and emotions of the characters in the film transcend language. Students should want to know about this short film because of the hard work and time our fellow students here at Millikin have committed to producing this great short film. They are also a part of our student community and we should always commit to showing support for fellow students.

My review of Je suis un Emmerdeur I would give the film four out of five stars.