What to look forward to in Spring 2014

Well, a new semester has begun, and we all know what that means, coffee, late nights hunched over our laptops, and papers by the boatload. With all of the homework, rehearsals, practices, and meetings, most of us are booked pretty solidly through the week. That doesn’t mean however, your spring semester has to be full of work and no play. The spring semester often opens up a bevy of opportunities to relax and let loose.

If you are looking for some entertainment, look no further than Millikin. With the high quality productions Millikin is known for, there is bound to be a show offered on campus you and your friends are bound to enjoy. Not to mention the Kirkland shows. You can pick up a events booklet in Kirkland which details all of their events. If shows aren’t for you, then get out and show some of that BIG BLUE spirit. There are plenty of games and sports teams to go out and support. Try something new, go to a sporting event you may not normally go to, who knows, you might actually find something you really like.

For many college students spring semester means one thing, spring break! It’s a chance to finally shake off the freeze of winter and have some fun with your friends. And after the arctic chill Decatur seems to be locked in, everybody could use a beach vacation.

For Millikin students spring semester also means the big event, a great opportunity for Millikin students to get to see a great show.  A treat for all of the hard work we’ve put in this year. This years narrowed options include 3OH3!, Karmin, Plain White T’s, or comedians from Guy Code or Girl Code.

Just think, spring semester means you’re halfway done with the year. For some of us that means graduation, and for some of us it means we’ve survived our freshman year of college. Finish out the year strong. Make time to enjoy yourself. You’re here to learn, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy yourself.