Pipe Dreams Presents: A Queer Carol

As finals quickly approach, everyone needs a study break. What better way to drop the books for a few hours than by going to see Pipe Dream’s production A Queer Carol. This show comes just in time to lift our spirits and to entertain in such stressful times.

A Queer Carol as one might guess is about the classic tale of Scrooge with a twist: most of the main characters are homosexual. Don’t let the title fool, however. While the show is about homosexual characters, that is not the main point of the show. It is not only to show the different issues homosexual couples face, but to also show how they are basically the same as straight couples. The play still focuses on Scrooge’s greed and how it affects him and those around him. He is visited by ghosts of Christmas past, present and future the same as the classic tale, but just as other aspects of this show are modernized, the ghosts each comes with their own twists. Since it is modernized, it brings the audience into the story and allows the audience to connect with the character’s issues. Ranging from sexuality, to money and to disease, this show touches chords that the original carol does not. Be ready to laugh, cry and love while you enjoy this show this holiday season.

The show runs December 12- 14 at 7:00 PM and December 14 at 2:00 PM. Student tickets are $6.00 if pre-ordered and $7.00 at the door. General admission is $10.00 if pre-ordered and $11.00 at the door. This production is being sponsored by Millikin University’s EQALL. If you are looking for more information, it can be found at pdtheatre.com.