Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

4 stars
If Naomi had picked tails, she would have won the coin toss. If she had won the coin toss, she would have never had to go back for the yearbook camera. She would have never fallen and hit her head on the stairs. If she had picked tails, she wouldn’t have lost her memory. She would have remembered Ace, her boyfriend. She would have remembered why her best friend Will calls her Chief, and her mom’s new family. She would have known about her dad’s fiancée. If Naomi had picked tails, then she never would have met James, a boy with a fuzzy past and an even fuzzier future.

But Naomi picked heads.

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac is a fantastic book that will make you laugh, cry and wonder why teenage years are as awkward as they are. Naomi is a confused teenager who you can relate to, even if you’re not a teenager anymore. It’s full of teenage angst that will bring you back to the good old days where your worst problem was your crush liked your best friend instead of you. Where high school papers were the hardest things to write and what page your picture was on in the yearbook determined how popular you would become. I highly recommend this book to the person who doesn’t always want a happy ending.