Cast for Tartuffe, String, and Solstice: A Concert of Dance are announced

Cast for Tartuffe, String, and Solstice: A Concert of Dance are announced.

By: Matthew McClelland

Unifieds are over! For this semester at least, the cast lists for the mainstage productions have been posted on the Theatre Department bulletin board in Shilling Hall.

For those of you not in the know, Tartuffe is a comedy from the French playwrite Molière, the word Tartuffe is French for the word imposter, and in this play character’s find themselves at the mercy of a so called religious man who has successfully taken control over the head of the house hold. This play is sure to bring the laughs wih its satire comedy. The cast of Tartuffe includes, Nathan Spees as Orgon, Shalyn Welch as Pernelle, Anna Dvorchak as Elmire, Adam Glickman as Damis, Erich Peltz as Valère, Emmy Burns as Mariane, Quinton Sledge as Cléante, Ryan Hickey as Tartuffe, Elena Romanowski as Dornine, Zach Minder as Loyal, Dave Thompson as Police Officer, Catherine Cable as Flipote, and the understudies are Jake Wagner and Andrea Mühlbauer.

The musical String, which was workshopped in Millikin’s New Musicals Workshop in 2011, is the story of a chance incounter between a mortal and a God trapped in the basement of the world’s tallest building, String will explore what happens to our world when a certain god begins breaking their own rules. String is a new musical with music and lyrics by Adam Gwon and book by Sarah Hammond. The cast includes Jessica Benson as Atropos, Lyla Rivard-Hoster as Lachesis, Shayla Rogers as Clotho, Sean Doherty as Mickey, David Rhodes as O’Brien. Female ensemble includes, Sidney Davis as Night, Maddie Kauffman as Geneva, Heather Banks, Anastasia Arnold, Lexis Danca, Emily Briggs, and female swing, Rachel Reininger. The male ensemble includes, Joseph Bezenek as Zeus, Darian Lunsford, Ryan Lacy, Brian Kocher, Jake Morrissy, and Michael Ohm.

Solstice: A Concert of Dance will feature, Anna Marie Abbate, Anastasia Arnold, Alex Buchko, Lexis Danca, Lauren DeLuca, Sean Doherty, Nicole Economou, Keila Hamed-Ramos, Elliot Marach, Andrea Muhlbauer, Elena Romanowski, and Molly Will.