What are Sophomores listening to?

Here is a list of 11 songs in no particular order the sophomores chose as the songs they were currently listing. The styles range all the from classical styles of Beethoven and Chopin, to pop singer Ke$ha.

“Die Young”- Ke$ha
“Die Young” from Ke$ha is the leading single from the pop singer’s newest album Warrior which was released in 2012. This song is a fun, very upbeat dance track, with lyrics that are most likely to get stuck in your head.

“Just Give Me a Reason”-P!nk
This song features Nate Ruess the lead singer from fun. This song comes off P!nk’s album The Truth About Love, this track comes off of P!nk’s sixth album. This song is a very powerful love ballad driven by a solid beat.

“Carry On”- Fun.
This song isĀ  great uplifting tune just perfect when you need that extra boost to power through as we reach the end of the semester. This song comes from Fun.’s second album that was released back in October of 2012.

“Madness” -Muse
This track comes from the English alternative rock band Muse’s sixth album, The 2nd Law. This track dropped back in August. It has a great relaxing quality to it, that you may just find yourself nodding your head to as you carry on about your buisness.

“Emily’s Song”- The Cyclist
This is a great track that I was only able to find on Youtube. The band has a smooth Indie feel, with simple istrumentation, and words that actually mean something. A great listen if your looking for something new.

“All I see is Gold”- Bridgit Mender
This song come from Disney Channel star Bridgit Mendler’s debut album Hello, My Name Is… This song is very sullen, and less of a dance track unlike her other well known song, “Ready or Not”.

“Rearview Mirror”-Pearl Jam
This track reaches back before most of us Sophomores were even born, Rearview Mirror was released on Pearl Jam’s second album Vs. in 1993. This classic rock song just goes to prove that somethings just get better with age, and we don’t always have to look to the future for a great song.

“Streetcorner Symphony” Rob Thomas
This song was on Rob Thomas’ first solo album Something To Be. The fith single from this album this song launched on October 16, 2006, and features lead guitar and back-up vocals by John Mayer. You may have heard this song on an advertisement for ABC’s Ugly Betty, Grey’s Anatomy, or Six Degrees.

“It’s a Beautiful Day” -Michael Buble
Of course we have a little Buble on the list. It’s a Beautiful Day was the first single released on Buble’s fifth album To Be Loved. This single hit iTunes on Feburary 25, 2013. This song is a great upbeat tune, and is sure to become very successful as it gains some ground in the next few weeks.

Prelude in D Flat Major, Op. 28, 15 “Raindrop”-Frederic Chopin and Beethoven’s 3rd Piano Concerto in C Minor
If you’re looking for something a bit more relaxing or mentally stimulating to study to why not gives these two options a try. These are both great pieces by to of the world’s most memorable composers.