Athlete Spotlight: Drew Bollier

Why did you choose Millikin University?
My freshman year I went to a school in downtown Atlanta, GA, so I wanted a change of pace and to be further than 45 minutes from home. I felt like it would give me the opportunity to grow and develop being a significant distance from my home and parents. Playing basketball was also a huge part of the decision. Coach Nadelhoffer is a man of character and that is something that was very important to me.

What drew you to the men’s basketball team?
The chance to rebuild a program that was once great was a challenge that I wanted to be a part of. The coaching staff also has unbelievable love for the game and all of the guys on the team. There is nothing more important to them than relationships and helping each and everyone involved in the program grow and develop into the best player on the court and person off the court.

What is your role as a team member on the team and how to you fulfill that role?
I was elected as a team captain this year. I was also a captain last year, but that was appointed by Coach Nadelhoffer. It meant a lot to me that I have earned the respect of my teammates and that they chose me to be a leader in the program. Being a leader on the team, it is my job to hold all the guys on my team, as well as myself, accountable on the court, in the classroom, and in the community.

Do you have any other hobbies?
I enjoy spending my free time with my friends.

What else are you involved in on campus?
I am an RA and I am the president elect of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee.

What do you plan to do after you graduate Millikin University?
I am planning on going to graduate school and pursuing a career as a college basketball coach.

What goals do you have for the rest of the basketball season?
We have had some injuries to key players, which has caused some adversity, so it is my goal for us, as a team, to stick together and play hard the rest of the season and develop a stronger bond, not only as teammates, but also as friends.

What are the basketball team’s goals for the rest of the season and for the CCIW?
Our goal as a team is to finish 4th in conference so that we have a chance to win the conference tournament and get a bid to the NCAA Tournament.