Crazy for Tech

In today’s generation, it’s common to see people walking around with cell phones glued to their palms, a music player jamming in their ears or tinkering around on a tablet. This is the age of technology.

Technology has helped make our lives better, whether it’s the simple advancement in the field of science or an upgrade in a laptop or tablet. For the purpose of this article, the focus will specifically be on electronic technology.

The current generation is called the Millennials. Though no specific year range has been decided on, it is roughly assumed to be of those born in the early 1980s to the early 2000s. Children of these years grew up with technology surrounding them.

The computer and the cell phone were both out in the early 80s, though they were certainly somewhat clunky. The laptops were enormous compared to today’s slimmer models. Early video game consoles were also out. Their graphics don’t really compare to today, but they were certainly a start for the period of time.

As each year passed, the technology slowly improved, slimming down and working faster – or supposedly faster. The graphics have also improved significantly in a lot of technology, and it’s something that we’ve come to expect, complaining if the graphics are lousy by our standards.

And as the technology has improved, so has the obsession. Not that every single person in the world is obsessed with technology, but a majority of people are. Everywhere I look – and I can’t deny that I’m part of that – there’s almost always a cell phone attached like another limb. It’s become a common problem at the dinner table as well. Instead of a casual conversation, it’s normal to see people ticking away at their cell phones.

So is this obsession unhealthy?

It can be. It just depends, in all honesty. If you’re someone who can still hold a conversation without feeling the need to pull out your cell phone, then you’re probably okay. But if you feel like you’re going to die without your phone in your pocket or in your hand, then you may have a slight problem.

Live and breathe for the current world and have a healthy relationship with technology. Don’t become a technology zombie.