Millikin athletes and honors

After seasons have been concluded here at Millikin University, and honors have been voted on, there are numerous Millikin athletes and some recent graduates, who have received honorable recognition in their sport. Those sports being men’s soccer, volleyball, and softball. Those athletes who received honors worked diligently at practices and also had a devoted work ethic throughout their sports season as well, especially bringing their A game to competition in the CCIW.

For soccer, Daniel Sinclair, a sophomore goalkeeper, was selected to the 2013 College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin (CCIW) All-Conference Men’s Soccer Team. Sinclair was named to the All-Conference Second Team. He was tied for first in the conference in saves with 46 in the CCIW. Sinclair was also third in the conference in save percentage.

After volleyball season concluded here at Millikin this year, junior Audrey Krajec was named to the American Volleyball Coaches Association All-Region Team for the Midwest Region. It is the third year running that Audrey has earned All-Region honors. Krajec has also earned the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin (CCIW) Co-Player of the Year Award. The All-Region honor makes Krajec eligible for AVCA All-American consideration yet again, as she earned AVCA All-American First Team honors as a sophomore.

As for softball, two softball players have earned National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) academic recognition for the 2012-13 season. Recent 2013 graduate Cora Jeffers and Anne Schwomeyer were named NFCA Division III Scholar-Athletes. This award was given to any player who achieved a 3.5 grade point average or higher during the 2012-2013 academic year.