A College Student’s Dream: Insomnia Cookies

Is a sweet-tooth keeping you up at night but nothing is open to feed it? Looking for an adventure that does not involve the Taco Bell staff knowing your order by heart? Insomnia Cookies is a great and delicious solution to all your problems.

Open from 1 p.m. to 3 a.m., Insomnia Cookies is the answer to all those annoying college problems. Open late at night? Check. Freshly baked sweets that will give the right amount of sugar rush? Check. Cheap prices that any poor college student can afford? Check.

You ask it and Insomnia Cookies has the answer any college student wants to know when it comes to late-night food.

Founded in 2003 by Seth Berkowitz, an undergrad from University of Pennsylvania, Insomnia Cookies formed when Berkowitz realized how many students were hungry late at night but did not want the nauseous feeling a heavy meal brings along. Using a college student’s budget, Berkowitz made homemade cookies and started selling them to students on his dorm room floor who needed that sugar buzz late at night. And thus, Insomnia Cookies was born.

Never before has the thought of piling into a car and driving late at night for cookies seemed so compelling until Insomnia Cookies was introduced into the lives of a few Millikin students. It seems a little ridiculous; driving all the way to Champaign for a few cookies, but no, there is no ridiculousness in the matter. Insomnia Cookies is worth the drive because the menu is delicious.

A few of Insomnia Cookies’ specialties are: Chocolate Chunk, Snickerdoodle, M&M, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, S’mores Deluxe and Oatmeal Raisin. Cookies are not the only thing Insomnia Cookies sells. It sells ice cream with any type of sweet topping and brownies. The treats are always freshly baked by the hour and kept in a cookie warmer so that when you take that first delicious bite of cookie, it feels like it just came out of the oven, and we are always looking for that home-away-from-home outlet every now and then, especially around finals.

And a bonus if you are visiting someone on the U of I campus and too tired to venture out, Insomnia Cookies delivers! That is right. Insomnia Cookies feeds into the hectic yet lazy schedules of all college students and delivers their deliciously cheap cookies.

Some may question, why make the 45-minute drive for some cookies? But just like the spur of the moment trips to Taco Bell, do not question it. Just enjoy it. Because Insomnia Cookies does not only supply delicious late-night treats, but it supplies a lot of stories to tell to your friends at home.

You can visit Insomnia Cookies on their website: www.insomniacookies.com or visit them at 502 E. John St., Champaign, Il. 61820.