The Perks Of Being Awesomesauce

I think we can all agree that feeling happy is awesomesauce. Having a good day and smiling are some of the best feelings an individual can experience. It’s even more awesomesauce if we could all feel happy all the time.

The unfortunate reality is that such nonstop happiness is not really possible for most of us. Don’t think I’m being pessimistic with that, because I’m not. Instead, I’m being realistic. Sure, there may be a lot of people out there who never seem to stop smiling. That does not mean those people are always happy. They may actually have any number of issues going on in their lives. The same goes for everyone else. The difference is that many of these people have found a way to smile even when things are crashing down around them. Still, others may actually be genuinely happy all the time. I cannot say for sure. I can’t speak for everyone, right?

I also cannot say that there is one sure-fire method for feeling happy even when things go wrong. What I can do instead is offer suggestions. Hopefully these suggestions will help somebody out there get through a difficult time.

First, try and think positively. Reminisce about a happy memory, perhaps of good times spent with loved ones. No matter what happened, you will always be able to look back at these memories. Hold on to them, but do not dwell on the past. That can actually make you feel worse. Instead, think of good times in the past, smile and remind yourself that good times will return even if you feel like all hope is lost.

Talking things out also works wonders for easing a troubled mind. If you have tried thinking positively and it just hasn’t been working, talk to someone. I don’t care if it’s a friend, a family member, a professor or even a professional therapist. Find somebody you know, somebody you trust, and let them know what is going on and how you are feeling. Even something as simple as verbally venting your frustrations can work wonders towards making you feel better. Don’t be afraid to give it a try if you find yourself feeling down for any reason.

Finally, there may be times when all of your best efforts to make yourself feel better have been in vain. Perhaps you have been feeling down, even depressed, for an extended period of time. If this is the case, seeking medical attention may be a wise choice. The same is true if you are having harmful or even suicidal thoughts. Do not forget that help is available no matter how dire things seem to be. Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for it. Something seemingly simple can go a long way towards making you feel better.

Until next time, hang in there and always remember that you are awesomesauce…even when you don’t feel it.