The perks of being awesomesauce

Uncertainty is far from awesomesauce. Uncertainty is a challenge, a demon we all must come face to face with every so often in our lives. It affects everyone regardless of how confident a person may come across in public. Some people are simply better at hiding it and appearing calm than others. I envy those people. I really do, if only because I wish I could smile even when uncertainty is driving me to the utter edge of reason.

Times of uncertainty are obstacles. They can seem fairly close to unbearable, but that does not mean we have to let them get the best of us. We need to learn to fight uncertainty. This is a fight that may take time, but the end result will most certainly leave you feeling more confident. Of course, feeling more confident is always awesomesauce. Trust me. It’s worth it.

Sometimes, however, fighting through uncertainty can be a rough task. Keep in mind, though, that rough does not equal impossible. You can, and will, emerge victorious from this particular battle.

The battle itself begins with patience. No issue just goes away overnight. Uncertainty is no exception. Unfortunately, I can’t give a specific time frame for overcoming uncertainty. That depends on several personal factors. I can say that it will be overcome eventually. It doesn’t matter if it’s an academic concern, worries about your future or anything else. Any factor that brings on uncertainty needs to be dealt with, and usually sooner rather than later is more helpful.

First off, it’s important to find some way to focus. For some, this may involve prayer or meditation. That’s fine. Go for whatever works for you. Once you’re focused, you need to start thinking about whatever it is that’s making you feel uncertain. If it helps, write down your thoughts. This alone could help you feel better. You may even find out that some bothersome things are easily fixed, which in turn gives you one less thing to worry about. Having fewer things to worry about allows you to dedicate more time and energy to getting rid of the rest of your uncertainty.

Again, there is no exact time limit for overcoming any issue. Uncertainty is no exception. It’ll take time, which means that you have to make time to work through it. Think things through. Sort things out. Just remember to take your time. Above else, please do not try to force a solution. Answers will come when you least expect it, even if it does take a while. In the meantime, it’s important to remember to do a few simple things. Just breathe. Relax. Be patient. Find things to smile about, no matter how bleak things may seem.  It’ll be worth your time and energy in the long run. I can promise you that. It’s better to take the time to sort things over than to spend the same amount of time worrying.

Some things are always certain. Seasons are going to change. Semesters will get progressively rougher as they near their close. Everyone certainly faces uncertainty at some point. Most importantly, though, we need to remember that despite any uncertainties we face in our lives, we are all awesomesauce.