Lana’s Cakewalk

Lana’s Cakewalk is a delicious little bakery just off Millikin’s campus. I went at about lunchtime to check out their bakery items.

The bakery items are absolutely phenomenal. They are also very reasonably priced. They offer everything from cakes to cookies to turnovers.

Lana’s offers cakes in eight different sizes and 15 different flavors: vanilla, chocolate, yellow, lemon, spice, cherry, strawberry, funfetti, chocolate mint, marble, raspberry, dreamsicle, red velvet, carrot and German chocolate. Prices depend on the size of the cake. All the other bakery items they sell are individually sized desserts.

The biggest of the individually sized desserts would be the Mommy Q. The menu describes these as “Large individual, double-layered squares of our cake with our homemade buttercream.” It is their version of a Susie Q. It only costs $3.50.

The cake is not the only dessert that comes in many different flavors. The turnovers come in three different flavors: cherry, apple and strawberry cream cheese. I had the strawberry cream cheese turnover, and I loved it. It was good both warm and cold. The filling was sweet and the crust was flaky.

I also had the cherry cheesecake. It comes in an individual tin with cherry filling on top. It was great cheesecake.

There is one thing you should know before you go to Lana’s. You have to spend five dollars before you can use your debit card. I suggest either bringing cash or buying at least two desserts and eating one later.

It turns out that Lana’s is not only a bakery. They also sell lunch items, such as soups, salads and sandwiches. I will definitely be going back to try the lunches out too.

I highly recommend Lana’s Cakewalk. It is located on 136 S. Oakland next to CherryBerry. It is open on Tuesdays through Fridays from 8 to 5 and on Saturday from 8 to 4.