What is Millikin doing for spring break?

cupcase.com

Many consider spring break to be the time of year when college students everywhere forget their troubles and head to tropical locations for a week of fun in the sun. Students at Millikin, however, seem to have a somewhat different take on spring break than the stereotypical college partier.
Of the 49 students polled about their plans for spring break, 62 percent will return home.
Among the many reasons to head home for their week off, some students may consider price to be a factor in their decision. The costs of travel, accommodation and other necessities for a good time could set students back hundreds of dollars.
On the other hand, it could be that many students need time to recharge after the first few grueling weeks of the semester. Some may find it tiring to return to class after an entire week off drinking on a beach somewhere. For many, it is nice to go home and relax before facing the remainder of the semester.
Some students, however, plan to travel over their March break. When polled, 36 percent said they were going to be traveling out-of-state for their vacation. The majority of this group, 61 percent, will go to Panama City Beach, Fla., one of the hottest spring break spots. MTV is even going to be broadcasting from Panama City for their Spring Break special. Needless to say, these students will have a fantastic time.
Another 2 percent will travel to South Padre Island, Texas, for their week off of school. This is another popular spring break destination for college students. The large distance to Texas, however, could account for the smaller percentage of polled students spending their break at this particular location.

The final 28 percent of people traveling out-of-state for spring break will go to various places throughout the United States. Some are traveling to other parts of the Midwest, while others are visiting the West or East Coast to stay with friends or family.

Finally, 2 percent will be staying on campus for their spring break vacation because of sports. These unfortunate people will not be able to recharge at home or forget their problems in a spring break hot spot.

No matter what you decide to do with your spring vacation, be sure to have a safe and relaxing break, Millikin!

Home – 62%
On Campus – 2%
Out of State – 36% (Panama City Beach – 61%, South Padre Island – 11%, Elsewhere – 28%)