Valentine’s Day on a college budget

Valentine’s Day on a college budget
http://www.christianfinanceblog.com

It’s almost Valentine’s Day again. If the special day is approaching and you find your wallet looking a little slimmer than normal after the Christmas holiday, don’t let it affect your celebration of the chocolate corporation’s favorite holiday. Here are some options for the upcoming holiday.

1)     If you’re looking for a night in, Wal-Mart has an offer on their romantic comedies. These movies are available from $5 to $10. If you’re looking for movies each of you will enjoy, Wal-Mart also offers his and her packs for $9.97 which includes a romantic comedy and an action flick.

2)     If you want a meal to precede your rom-com and action flick, prepare a meal together. Take the time to have a little fun while cooking with your significant other. Meals such as spaghetti are cheap and easy to make for two people. If you are looking to surprise your significant other, an already prepared surprise dinner would be a great way to kick off that evening in.

3)     If there is a movie you currently want to go out and see, go for it. Sure, the movies are expensive nowadays, but if you make plans to check out a matinee you can get the tickets half price. Some movie theatres even show movies that have been playing for a while at half the price of a normal movie ticket.

4)     As cheesy as it is, everyone loves something you spend a little time on, so make your own card. Write your significant other a letter thanking them for all they have done for you. People enjoy being told how much they’ve made a difference in your life.

5)     If making a card isn’t for you, or you lack the necessary artistic abilities, you could always settle for the classic card and chocolates. Wal-Mart offers a decent selection of chocolates for a reasonable price. Pick up one of the cheaper Valentine’s Day cards and write that special someone a note on the inside.

6)     You could always organize a couple’s party. Get another two or three couples together, each couple bringing a dish to snack on. A fun game of the Battle of the Sexes board game which pits the women against the men, or playing any other game can be a great way to spend the evening. Hanging out with a few other couples is a great way to bond and spend a fun-filled evening that’s cheap for everyone.

7)     You and your significant other can always make the mutual agreement to not spend any money on each other this year, and instead spend the time together just enjoying one another’s company.

We are all college students here; I’m sure your significant other will understand the gift-giving holidays on a limited budget. Just remember the day is supposed to be about spending it with someone you care about, not about how much you’re able to spend. Whatever gift you give, make sure it comes from the heart.