It’s time to sign up for London

The usually anticipated London study abroad trip will be offered again in the fall of 2013. Students wishing to go need to fill out an interest sheet, and will have a $500 deposit due on March 15. The faculty advisor going on the trip this coming semester will be Thomas Duncanson.

The program will be a 16-week experience in London, and students are required to purchase their own air fare to and from the UK. From Sept. 2 to Dec. 16, students who attend will be staying in South Kensington, London together in apartment style buildings.

Students will be able to take courses in Interdepartmental Studies, Communications, Theatre, English and History. Courses offered during the semester are The Moral Horizon of US/UK Musical Theatre, Comparative Media Ethics, Performing London, Studies in Shakespeare, Contemporary Global Drama, Integrated Theatre Studies I, International Professional Communication Observation and Communication Capstone.

Total cost for the trip is $7,300 plus Millikin tuition. Remember, the first deposit is due March 15, and the second on April 30. Food and other living expenses are not included in the total cost, so students will be required to pay.

Students will be able to take classes at the Globe Theatre, see over 20 theatrical performances and visit numerous attractions and areas as a group and on their own time. Classes run Tuesday through Thursday, so students are able to travel and experience the city. For additional meetings throughout the semester, check the broadcast messages on the myMillikin homepage.