Fireside Chat

Welcome back everyone! It’s weird coming back because for me, just like other seniors, this starts the “lasts.” Last first day of classes. Last spring break. Last recruitment. Last syllabus week.

As the seniors start their “lasts,” it is also a time to think about the future, both here in the Milli-bubble and our individual futures. Going through my Millikin career, I’ve discovered the importance of transitioning. In our personal lives, this is important in order to end one chapter to start another. I’ve realized though that there’s a lot more to this than one would originally think. As I enter this last semester, it’s important to consider what Student Senate may need in order to continue to grow and prosper once I graduate.

Looking ahead to this semester, there are projects to come from. As with every spring semester, student organization allocation process will start for funding for the 2014-2015 school year. We are working to make the process smoother and less stressful for everyone involved this year. We are also underway planning Emerging Leader Retreat!

Student Senate will have our Spring Retreat on Jan. 25 to go over some changes to come to make Student Senate work more smoothly. Check out next week’s issue to find out what is to come! Our first meeting of the semester will be Jan. 30 at 6 p.m. in LRTUC East. Please come out and find out how you can be involved in Student Senate.

Happy New Semester! May the odds ever be in your favor.