The student news site of Millikin University

Eminem Roasts Donald Trump

Photo Courtesy of Comic Vine

Photo Courtesy of Comic Vine

Photo Courtesy of Comic Vine

Bayleigh Williams, Writer

On Feb. 3, hip-hop artist Big Sean released his new album, “I Decided. His 2015 album, “Dark Sky Paradise” was his first number one debut and now this album is projected to be his next number one album. “I Decided” features artists such as Jeremih, Eminem, the Dream, and Migos. This album is predicted to surpass Migos’ new album “Culture” in sales.

The most popular song on “I Decided” is “Moves,” where Big Sean talks about his confidence within the hip-hop industry. However, the most controversial song on the album is “No Favors,” featuring Eminem. In this song, the rappers tell the story of how they were given no favors in their journey to stardom.

On top of this already ego-filled message, Eminem saves a few lines for actress Jamie Lee Curtis, conservative commentator and Trump supporter, Ann Coulter, President Donald Trump, and the U.S. government.

A couple of years ago, Eminem and Curtis had a falling out after she listened to one of Eminem’s albums in its entirety. After that, she banned his music from her home and has prevented her children from having their own computers and from watching certain media platforms. Upon hearing Eminem’s diss on her, she tweeted, “@eminem ‘They blame me 4 murdering Jamie Lee Curtis said I put her face in the furnace, beat her with a space heater.’ You have a daughter?”

Basically, Curtis was challenging Eminem on his role as a parent, based on the way that he talked about her in particular. Now, that’s hardly fair, isn’t it? After all, Eminem has emphasized time and again his love for his daughter in many of his songs.

Then, he went on to roast Coulter for her conservatism and racism in an even more violent way than he dissed Jamie Lee Curtis.

“And expletive Ann Coulter with a Klan poster with a lamp post, door handle, shutter; a damn bolt cutter, a sandal, a can opener, a candle, rubber, piano, a flannel, sucker, some hand soap, butter; a banjo and manhole cover, hand over the mouth and nose smother, trample ran over the tramp with the Land Rover,” Eminem said.

In an interview with TMZ, Coulter said that this was just another example of Eminem promoting violence and hate against women and even blamed it on the left-wing.

“I think it’s unfortunate that the left from Berkeley to Eminem’s rap songs has normalized violence against women,” Coulter said.

Further on politics, Eminem begins to spout his anarchist agenda through clenched teeth right at the climax of the song.

“I’m anti, can’t no government handle a commando! Your man don’t want it, Trump’s a bitch–I’ll make his whole brand go under!” he said.

Clearly, Eminem is back in the game and so is Big Sean. Although his haters are just that, he continues to deliver on his clever rhyme scheme, flow, and pop culture references.

Beats 1 interviewer Zane Lowe asked Big Sean about his first collaboration with Eminem and he had nothing but good things to say.

“[Eminem] was the only person I heard that could be on that song. It kinda reminded me of why I am such an Eminem fan. It reminded me of why I fell in love with Eminem’s work. He is unique, he’s special,” Big Sean said.